Thursday, September 11, 2014

Club Speech Contest on September 13th

Contest season reminds me of the first club contest I experienced last fall. I wasn't quite sure what to expect at the contest or what to do as a vote counter, but everyone in the club made sure to answer my questions and brief me on my duties. Since that first contest, I've been looking forward to participating in or just spectating at future contests at all levels (Club, Area, and District). The friendly competition between fellow club members along with the speeches always make me smile.

Top of Texas will be kicking off the fall contest season with a Breakfast at Tiffany's themed club contest this Saturday!

Anne Brown, Contest Chair, has gathered a handful of seasoned and novice Toastmasters for the Evaluation and Humorous Speech contests. Competing in the Humorous Speech contest will be Regina Clay and Ken Dorsey. These two speakers will also be competing in the Evaluation contest along with myself, Lina Choun.

This will be my first time as a contestant! Our Contest Toastmaster will be Aparna Valluri and many other members of the club have volunteered to be key players in making the contest a success.

Lina Choun

No comments:

Post a Comment